[governance] UN Human Rights Council Panel on FX and the Internet

Amali De Silva amalidesilva at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 27 08:33:41 EST 2012

Protecting human rights on the internet is a key item for
those working around a framework dealing with the United Nations. Global peace
has as its center  in the UN Charter on Human Rights.  The internet is now not only a communication
medium but much much more. For citizens, residents, guests to any country it is
important that the legal, protection, access and all other procedures available
as for under other forms of communication and behaviours is also discussed and
made relevant for the internet and other forms of technology and its off shoots
and forms.   Human rights are core to a
civilized society.
Don’t forget the children. elderly, sick and disabled and so
forth as well  !
Also western governments are moving to “Open Government “philosophies
which means that various countries across the globe are at various stages of
evolution at their own speeds.
It is important that
there is a basic ( this does not mean minimum, it means a fair standard of measurement  ) standard to mirror the principles of the UN Charter on Human
Rights on the internet.

Amali De Silva – Mitchell Former President Vancouver
Community Network @ UN WSIS

Private & Confidential