[governance] Internet Governance for Development [IGF 2012 - MAG Consultations]

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 05:34:49 EST 2012

Dear All,

Grateful if we could wrap up the discussions under this thread and have *
someone* consolidate it so that Fouad can take it on this his group.

Here are my contributions:

*A. Broadband - Catalyst for Growth*

Most countries, particularly in emerging markets and developing countries
still do not have broadband policies etc and could learn a thing or two
from the countries that are leading in this area particularly in light of
various global shocks to the various economies etc and broadband is proven
to be directly linked to economic growth. It would be good to see a panel
of at least the countries that are leading according to 2011's IDI ranking.
Broadband is directly linked to social, and economic sustainability. As
such I would suggest this theme:

[There are many sub themes that can stem from these including:-

   - Policy Considerations;
   - From Rags to Riches [eg. of countries who have climbed out of poverty]
   - Stimulus - how to deal with the challenges

*B. Policy Coherence in Developing Countries*

*C. Information Societies and the link to Development*