[governance] Decision [Imran Ahmed Shah] Complaint against MAG Nomination

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Sun Feb 26 14:53:42 EST 2012

To me the key is this ­ should a member of the Appeals Team, whose term of
commitment for one year has expired, be allowed to stand for other office?
To me the answer is clearly yes. The only proviso would be that they then
stand down from Appeals Team if selected. As I understand it Fouad is quite
willing to do this if he has not done so already.

So I have no problem at all with the decision, and I note Parminder is not
against the decision either. I think Sala¹s decision was completely right
and will leave interpretation of the  Charter to others.

Ian