[governance] Message from Sala

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 02:42:57 EST 2012

Dear Colleagues,

I bring you warm greetings from Fiji. I would like to take the time to
thank you all for the excellent work that you are doing in raising issues
at various Forums whether through Face to Face meetings or remote
participation into the Consultations in Geneva. I also congratulate the
Civil Society members who are part of the CSTD Working Group namely
Wolfgang Kleinwachter, Parminder Jeet Singh, Marilia Marcel, Anriette
Esterhuysen and Izumi Aizu for raising our issues and advocating the
multistakeholder model. We also  acknowledge and thank you for the constant
reporting and updates. I would also like to thank Robert Guerra who has
been extraordinarily helpful in assisting the remote participants feel as
if they were on-site. To all those of you who contributed actively through
the Skype Chats, pirate pads, emails (there are too many of you to name but
you all know who you are), thank you.

 We are witnessing an intense period in the world through the various
civil, political, economic, social and cultural shocks. We hear reports of
foreign journalists who may have been murdered in Syria, continuous threats
and assault on an open and free internet and we recognise that we live in
unusual times.

Diversity of opinions are critical to assist us in arriving at a panoramic
and holistic view of the issues at stake.  No one should be marginalised,
everyone has the right and freedom to express themselves fully and fill
empowered to share responsibilities. Thank you to all those who have
contributed extensively to the IGF Consultations both on-site and off-site
(remote) participants.

As you know, the MAG  is currently inviting feedback from civil society on
the various themes and thread. Please make every use of this opportunity to
make your voices heard. For those of you who are already contributing, keep
up the excellent work and pace. I would encourage greater participation
from everyone because each of your contributions is significant and is
important. Let us all be empowered and make your voices heard. The
contributions will be consolidated and posted on the Statement Workspace
for a rough consensus call before it is finalised and sent to the MAG on
the 27th February, 2012.

Kind Regards,
--
Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro aka Sala