[governance] Re: CSTD WG on IGF - Day 3 #2

Izumi AIZU iza at anr.org
Wed Feb 22 15:10:29 EST 2012

The discussion around Point D. Broadening participation just finished at 17:40,
and now entering into Point E. Linking IGF.
It took much more time than estimated  for Point D.

We are all getting tired, mentally, but still trying to keep the good spirit, to
reach consensus, and proceed to finish. The sense of the room
is in delicate balance, not trying to open up can of worms, not to
lose the accomplishment of the three days of work this time and all
previous four meetings.

At 8:30 pm, we finished the Point E. and Chair suggested to finish the meeting
today. The remaining work will be done mostly online, e-mail based.
The chair clarified that we will not bring in new items, works will be mostly
editorial work, and try to remove reserved text in [ ] s.
The Final document will consist of two parts, list of recommendations
as agreed, and a separate Chair's Report, which will be submitted to CSTD
and to General Assembly, via ECOSOC. the substance of recommendations
and Chair's Report will not be changed, though CSTD and/or ECOSOC could
make resolutions on top of the report.

Chair also assured that final adaptation will be taken in some form of
formal style.

The ending remarks of members are quite positive.

The target to complete is first week of March, given
documentation/translation process of CSTD.

Final approval be in writing - email - Chair suggested, and we agreed.
IT is suggested and agreed that Chair will offer compromise text and
then we will be asked
to say yes or no etc.

South Africa proposed to applause the Chair!1

Now it is 21:10, Chair closed the meeting.

izumi