[governance] Access and Diversity [IGF 2012 - MAG Consultations]

Imran Ahmed Shah ias_pk at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 21 11:42:02 EST 2012

I do not think so, it is not filtering.
Kids have right to walk on the Main Highway (of Internet) but they could not drive vehicle which are allowed on the Highway.
So, their TriCycle of Battery Operated Small Car would be suitable to easy slow drive lane (or Service Side Road) for Kids.
Thanks
Imran

------------------------------On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 8:30 PM PKT McTim wrote:>On 2/21/12, Imran Ahmed Shah <ias_pk at yahoo.com> wrote:>> Thanks Sala for your comments,>> This idea is derived from one of my friend/collegue, and we were discussing>> that it is very hard to configure kids PCs for safe online surfing,>> configuring the Firewall and Parental Protection kind of things, or using>> the Kids-Safe-Online utilities individually obtained. Why not we devise some>> governance for the provisioning of allowing just a single browser to Kids>> Login, and a dedicated Search Engine that could provide the confidence of>> Certified Clean Websites only related to the Kids.>>>Wouldn't this violate their Human Rights?  (Access to>Knowledge/Information/Right to Communicate).>>-- >Cheers,>>McTim>"A name indicates what we seek. An address indicates where it is. A>route indicates how we get there."  Jon Postel>