[governance] Access and Diversity [IGF 2012 - MAG Consultations]

Imran Ahmed Shah ias_pk at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 21 07:22:13 EST 2012

Thanks Sala for your comments,
This idea is derived from one of my friend/collegue, and we were discussing that it is very hard to configure kids PCs for safe online surfing, configuring the Firewall and Parental Protection kind of things, or using the Kids-Safe-Online utilities individually obtained. Why not we devise some governance for the provisioning of allowing just a single browser to Kids Login, and a dedicated Search Engine that could provide the confidence of Certified Clean Websites only related to the Kids.

Thanks

Imran Ahmed Shah

>________________________________

recommend the main title of #11 as "Internet for Kids" and Child
Protection (as a sub-title) will be covered under this main theme. The age up to
80+ just wrote as a fun, but I suggest internet for the innocent minds, kids up
to 10 or 12 years.

>>I am
suggesting "Kids Internet" because; their voices are still not heard
on the board.
am proposing a Governance topic which provides the protection to the websites
which are just related to the Kids, their learning & education, their
health, nutrition and diet, their blogs and forums, shared network and
libraries for their photo collections, images and creative work.Instead
of using filtering the abuse sites, this theme can propose a need for such a search
engine that is only build for Kids internet and enlist the Certified Sites only.
That can also initiate a need of Browser + Firewall for Kids Internet.
do not suggest to mix-up Kids things along with the Youth. For instance you may
not want to permit all of those contents, blogs, forums, and community networks
to your kids of age 5 or 8 that are allowed to your kids of age 20, 25 or 30. So,
there are different levels of the age and Internet Governance should be separate
for each level.
>>Thanks
>
>+1 I love this concept..."Kids search engine"
>

>>Imran Ahmed Shah

 say something more about the sub-theme "Debates for Provisioning of

 otherwise, it could be upto 80+

 4, 2002 (P.L. 107-317) and authorizes the National

 Internet? How can opportunities for youth to

 Contents Development/ Conversion into Local

 thread. We would like to ensure that this>opportunity for consultation
 PERSONS

 Participation:
 to find the IGC's charter, see: