[governance] Access and Diversity [IGF 2012 - MAG Consultations]

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Tue Feb 21 05:31:01 EST 2012

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro <salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com> replied:
> I agree with you Norbert and don't know how to frame it in a better way. I
> also advocate an open and free internet but at the same time, how does one
> filter spam etc. I agree that it should be framed a better way, how do you
> suggest we re-frame the wording?

How about separating issues according to the objectives, like the following:

* The spam problem
  - Problems caused by undesired automated communications
  - Undesired side-effects of spam filters
  - Strategies for improving the situation

* Harmful and illegal content
  - What kind of content should be declared illegal?
  - What is done about this?
  - Undesired side-effects of some of these measures
  - Strategies for improving the situation

* Balancing the interests and human rights of producers
  and users of creative, digital goods of culture.
  - What are the most serious current imbalances und injustices?
  - Strategies for improving the situation

???

Greetings,
Norbert