[governance] Day 1 - CSTD WG IGF - No. 2

Izumi AIZU iza at anr.org
Mon Feb 20 12:29:28 EST 2012

Sorry for not reporting much.

We have [almost] finished the first point - Shaping the outcome of IGF
meetings. We agreed to shorten as much as possible, and deleted some
"resolution style" phrases from the discussion. The Chair will be
tasked to write kind of Chapeau portion which will be outside the WG
discussion per se.

We are now discussing the Point B - Working modalities including open
consultations, MAG and Secretariat.

Suggestion to create "Trusted Group" to select the MAG members was
made but did not gain much support, including from us, the CS members.

The atmosphere is not bad. Friendly, trying to be productive. But
devils are often in the details.

The Chair asked us to stay a little longer, but we will close soon,
say by 18:45 or so hopefully. With this pace, considering the
contentious portion of funding is ahead, we need to work very hard
tomorrow and the day after.

Chair said - at the World Radio Congress of the ITU, the extended
meeting went so late to 6 am. We are much better :-)

izumi