[governance] Google Caught Tracking Safari Users: What You Need to Know

Louis Pouzin (well) pouzin at well.com
Mon Feb 20 08:07:09 EST 2012

Using information collected illegally doesn't make its use legal. It
doesn't matter whether or not a fly by night company was used as a stooge.
Google knew very well they were violating privacy laws. Since the only
thing they care of is money, the appropriate reaction should be a fine, in
the range of one month revenue.
- - -