[governance] Survey Results Out [IGC Consultations]

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 14:04:43 EST 2012

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 6:24 AM, Avri Doria <avri at acm.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It is all well and good that you disagree with me.
>

> Two points:
>
> - to not indicate how how small a percentage of people answered the poll
> in its documentation seems dishonest to me.

It was mentioned in the report that 20 people participated. This is
paragraph 3 of page 4 of the Report. Percentages revolve around this
number. So if you see 10%,it simply means 10% of 20 which is 2.

> - for IGC to put out such information as somehow representing the view of
> IGC, puts IGC in a poor light.
>
> There is nothing sinister and people are *educated* enough to know that
it is only a sample space.

> So I recommend editing the documentation and recommend against passing
> this on as anything other than the opinion of 20 self selected individuals.

The Survey was *open to all the list* and the list was invited to
participate. People exercise their right to choose to participate.