[governance] Feb IGF Open Consultation - Update #1

Marilia Maciel mariliamaciel at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 07:40:59 EST 2012

Hi Robert,

We have several meetings scheduled for May and it would be great if
organizers could coordinate among themselves to set up a coherent schedule
(back to back, etc) that would allow for more participation.

Besides WSIS, on 18th May there will be a one day meeting about enhanced
cooperation. In May there will also be the CSTD regular conference (date
not yet in the website). If you could make that point later during the OC,
that would be good.

MarĂ­lia

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 5:00 AM, Robert Guerra <rguerra at privaterra.org>wrote:

> Good morning from Geneva!
>
> Start of IGF Open consultation is today. Here's some headlines before I
> head out to the UN for the meeting:
>
> - IGF website has been updated.
> - Open consultation synthesis paper summarizing contributions is finally
> online bit.ly/AyrOR3
> - Stakeholder requests for additional time (likely govts) - extends MAG
> nomination deadline until 24 February 2012
> - The Seventh Annual IGF Meeting will be held in Baku, Azerbaijan. Dates
> being mentioned are in November.
>
> Nov might prove to be a problem as Bakutel (18th Annual Azerbaijan
> International Telecommunications conference, 7-10Nov) is also taking place.
> Will Bakutel & IGF take place in the same venue at the same time? Question
> likely to be answered today.
>
> - Next MAG meeting will take place in May, in Geneva. Exact dates unknown
> as still subject to scheduling. Likely will take place close to or during
> WSIS forum (action item follow-up) 14-18 May.
> http://groups.itu.int/Default.aspx?alias=groups.itu.int/wsis-forum2012
>
> - Hashtag being used for aggregating IGF posts this week - #igf2012
> - Chat space for interactive dialogue and communication -
> https://crypto.cat/?c=igf2012
>
> CS briefing taking place at 9am.
>
> More details later this morning.
>
> regards