[governance] UN Human Rights Council Panel on FX and the Internet

Joy Liddicoat joy at apc.org
Thu Feb 9 19:50:56 EST 2012

Dear colleagues,

This is a heads up about a forthcoming event at the UN Human Rights Council
(and apologies for any double ups in list postings).

Following on from the Special Rapporteur on Freedom of Expression's annual
report in 2011, an expert panel is being held during HRC 19. The session
will take place on Wed 29 Feb and is being organised by the government of
Sweden and OHCHR. APC will be attending and participating in the panel
event.

We would like to reach out to others to find out who else might be planning
on attending or making submissions (which are due Monday 13 Feb) and, if so,
how we might be able to collaborate or support these. If you are making
submissions or statements, we would encourage you to draw on and cite
www.giswatch.org released in December 2011 which includes 55 country reports
and other material as well as an introduction from Frank La Rue.

If you are planning other activities, campaigns or events around the panel,
please do let us know so that we can support or collaborate if possible.

Kind regards

Joy Liddicoat

Project Coordinator

Internet Rights are Human Rights