[governance] Feb 2012 Geneva meetings

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Wed Feb 8 16:30:19 EST 2012

On 8 Feb 2012, at 15:13, Roland Perry wrote:

> And while we are talking about such things, any news on replacements for Nitin and Markus, or who is chairing this next meeting?

I am sure we will kept in suspense on this issue, but I bet there will be a chair of some sort and there will a secretariat.

In terms of secretariat, I am among those who is quite comfortable with Chengetai retaining the coordinating secretariat spot.
He did an excellent job last year, and from what I hear from the reports of  the CSTD WG meetings he is doing quite well with that too.

In terms of chair, after Nitin and Alice, who would want be the next act?  Hard acts to follow.
I suppose by default it may end up the lead organizer from Azerbaijan.
Or maybe one of the DESA people will do this meeting while all remains in flux.
They seem to take turns having to deal with the IGF.

avri