[governance] Nomcom reform

Imran Ahmed Shah ias_pk at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 4 20:30:56 EST 2012

Dear Jeremy,
May I ask that, why the option of ballot to opt non-of-above feature require modification to the charter?
Charter does not stop or speak against.

For instance; if any of the voter member asked this option, you could add in the eBallot, by using Check Box instead of Radio Buttons and Voter could submit without selecting any of the listed candidate.
Now it is your decision, or appeal team consideration that do you discard this ballot casting or count as against listed candidate.

As I know the Ballot Design is not included in the Charter.

However, if you do not consider member's request, charter amendment could support members to convince the coordinator.
Thanks

Imran

------------------------------On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 5:17 AM PKT Jeremy Malcolm wrote:>On 05/02/2012, at 1:04 AM, Avri Doria wrote:>>> BTW, I should note that since I only signed the membership pledge that is a part of the elections process in the last election, but did not actually vote for anyone, since I was objecting to the lack of a non of the above option, I have been judged a non-member by a previous co-coordinator.  I would still argue that any amendments should be done according to the process defined in the charter.>> >> Of course this means that by that judgement I am also no longer a member of the non-appeals team since I am no longer a member.>>Why should it mean that?  You still have a voter account, hence are still a member for all purposes other than voting on charter amendments.  The Charter only says that "everyone who voted in the previous election will be deemed a member for amending the charter", it doesn't say that they are not members
 for other purposes.>>But agreed that we need to work on the charter, anyway.  There is a group of 8 (including you) who have joined a mailing list to put together some proposed amendments to the charter, and anyone else can join that list too:>>http://lists.igcaucus.org/info/charter>>We should get started now, I guess.  I'll put together some suggestions and post them there within the next 48 hours.>>-- >Dr Jeremy Malcolm>Project Coordinator>Consumers International>Kuala Lumpur Office for Asia-Pacific and the Middle East>Lot 5-1 Wisma WIM, 7 Jalan Abang Haji Openg, TTDI, 60000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia>Tel: +60 3 7726 1599>>The global voice for consumers: www.consumersinternational.org>Connect with CI: Twitter @ConsumersInt | http://www.facebook.com/consumersinternational>Help CI stay in touch: please also add ConsumersInternational at sut1.co.uk to your safe sender list>Read our email confidentiality notice. Don't print this email unless necessary.>>