[governance] MAG Selection [URGENT]

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Fri Feb 3 08:17:36 EST 2012

In message
<CACpVkK1MQye5AMgGn--h_oGbenZDDqK1WdQ6A_3zmR-t9_yEtg at mail.gmail.com>, at
10:42:02 on Fri, 3 Feb 2012, Marilia Maciel <mariliamaciel at gmail.com>
quoted:

>Broad agreement on the openness and transparency of MAG meetings
>- Rotation of the MAG members, with one third rotated every year,
>should be preserved, with a three-year limit to each member’s term in
>order to provide opportunities to all interested participants and to
>ensure fair representatio

That's interesting, because mathematically a 1/3 rotation and a maximum
3 year tenure combine to make quite a tightly defined system.

I don't want to labour the point, but if you don't very strictly rotate
off exactly the "most senior" 1/3, you will inevitably end up with some
members entering a 4th year.

Does this also answer a question of whether someone can be "rotated
off", and then immediately "re-appointed"[1], or is that forbidden?
(perhaps members of the CSTD WG could comment).

[1] In the manner of some ICANN Board appointments for example.
--
Roland Perry