[governance] Upcoming IGF Open Consultation & MAG meeting / Shall we start the conversation..

Izumi AIZU aizu at anr.org
Wed Feb 1 20:11:31 EST 2012

I am also curious how the work of CSTD WG on IGF improvement
will be (or not to be) reflected in the AZ IGF. TIme-wise, CSTD WG
will finalize the report in Feb, but then it will be submitted to CSTD
at their May annual session, then going to ECOSOC. So there will
be little chance of being incorporated into this year's IGF, spending
two years out of five.

Of course, we still can hope that certain recommendations can be
reflected into this year's IGF, if MAG members take them into
consideration ahead of CSTD process.

Just one thought,

izumi

2012/2/2 Robert Guerra <rguerra at privaterra.org>:

> On 2012-02-01, at 9:38 AM, Roland Perry wrote:
>
> In message
> <CAFabd1LrHeTXSYMqHuybB2ddXGXkTtuJjQoHVk3_S633cZ6k4g at mail.gmail.com>, at
> 19:33:13 on Wed, 1 Feb 2012, Adam Peake <ajp at glocom.ac.jp> writes
>
> Think the more important questions are do we have any comment on the
>
> Nairobi meeting and process (what can be improved etc), and what we
>
> think the main themes for the year should be.  Those are the main
>
> issues for the meeting.
>

> Indeed, bit I'm concerned we don't seem to be able to answer even the simple
> and less important questions. (And also, what's happening about the MAG
> nominations).
>

> There was a public call for comments that concluded on the 27th of Jan. A
> synthesis document will be produced ahead of the consultation.
>
> That being said, would be great if those on this list who sent in written
> submissions could share them so we could all discuss...
>
> About Azerbaijan and the country's rights record, asking about any
>
> provisions the UN's made to ensure freedom of speech,
>
> participation/entry to the IGF etc might be helpful.
>

> The presentation of which might depend on whether Azerbaijan is chairing the
> meeting (and failing that, whether they are going to be present).
>

> I take it as a given that AZ will be represented at the meeting. The
> question is - will they chair the meeting ?
>
> Robert

>     http://www.igcaucus.org/

                        >> Izumi Aizu <<

                                  Japan