[governance] MAG Nominees [Message to List from Co-Coordinator]

Fouad Bajwa fouadbajwa at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 16:48:09 EST 2012

A bit late to submit my submission but was delayed by long electricity
outages here in Pakistan but still submitting before the deadline.

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 12:41 AM, Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro
<salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2nd February, 2012
>
> "Without Prejudice"
>
> Dear All,
>
> Kindly note that I have submitted the list of Nominees that were furnished
> to us by NomCom. I enclose a copy of the letter that was sent to inform the
> Hon. Under-Secretary General of the Nominees.
>
> I thank the NomCom for their work and am sure that it was not an easy
> process. I am mindful that there were numerous applications and people are
> disappointed as we all have our preferences etc. However, the NomCom have
> made their decision as you can see from their email below. Their report once
> finalised will be published on the IGC website.
>
> For the record, the Coordinators did not interfere with the selection
> process. There were some excellent candidates that did not make the final
> list and I would encourage you to please try again. It may also be useful in
> the future for the list to actively develop criteria for selection including
> guidelines so that the process can be improved.  The guidelines could
> include things like:-
>
> considerations;
> timelines for submission; etc
>

> For now, I would like to congratulation the Nominees and wish them the best
> of luck. Thank you NomCom for the work and we look forward to your report.
>
> The Workspace is also open for the list to start giving feedback on things
> that the MAG should consider before their meeting this month.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Sala

Regards.
Fouad Bajwa
Internet Governance Advisor
ICT4D Social Practitioner & Researcher
Member Multistakeholder Advisory Group (IGF)
Member Civil Society Internet Governance Caucus (IGC)
My Blog: Internet's Governance: http://internetsgovernance.blogspot.com/
Follow my Tweets: http://twitter.com/fouadbajwa
MAG Interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATVDW1tDZzA