[governance] Upcoming IGF Open Consultation & MAG meeting / Shall we start the conversation..

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Wed Feb 1 09:38:35 EST 2012

In message
<CAFabd1LrHeTXSYMqHuybB2ddXGXkTtuJjQoHVk3_S633cZ6k4g at mail.gmail.com>, at
19:33:13 on Wed, 1 Feb 2012, Adam Peake <ajp at glocom.ac.jp> writes
>Think the more important questions are do we have any comment on the
>Nairobi meeting and process (what can be improved etc), and what we
>think the main themes for the year should be.  Those are the main
>issues for the meeting.

Indeed, bit I'm concerned we don't seem to be able to answer even the
simple and less important questions. (And also, what's happening about
the MAG nominations).

>About Azerbaijan and the country's rights record, asking about any
>provisions the UN's made to ensure freedom of speech,
>participation/entry to the IGF etc might be helpful.

The presentation of which might depend on whether Azerbaijan is chairing
the meeting (and failing that, whether they are going to be present).

Roland.

--
Roland Perry