[governance] ISOC/USG WCIT Post Mortem

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Tue Dec 25 01:13:09 EST 2012

On Tuesday 25 December 2012 11:06 AM, Adam Peake wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 1:58 PM, parminder <parminder at itforchange.net> wrote:
>> <snip>
>>
>> Later in the speech, Kramer regrets that much could be done (at the WCIT)
>> about spread of broadband, but that this was not something members were
>> willing to pursue seriously.... Again, it surprised me, but this statement
>> is consistent with the above one on ETNO..... Of course, broadband is
>> Internet, right!
>>
> No.  In the same way as Article 9 is not Internet.

So, you are saying that broadband is not Internet. Whereby, do you agree
that we could have had text in the new ITRs like ' universal access to
broadband will be promoted through greater competition and......' ?

Also, are inter-connection regimes, and net neutrality, telecom issues
or Internet issues? If they are telecom issues, could we have had them
mentioned in the new ITRs.

(Wish we were having this conversation before dubai. We may just have
saved the world from the bad effects of the eventual stand off.)

parminder

(PS; what article 9 are you speaking of? ITR's article 9 on special
arrangements?)