[governance] A false consensus is broken

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Fri Dec 21 10:42:24 EST 2012

Hi Wolfgang,

Thanks, particulaly for the comment on human rights and the text of
the preamble.

The text is vague, and as you say does not constitute a legal
obligation or new law, however, can be very sure the next time China
etc wish to counter article 19 in some declaration or statement, they
now have a little more treaty text to support them.  Important I think
that governments, whether they sign the ITRs or not, include a
statement noting objection to the text.

Best,

Adam