[governance] Re: Telecom TV on Google and Taxes

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Sun Dec 16 17:13:07 EST 2012

On 17-Dec-2012, at 3:08, riaz.tayob at gmail.com wrote:

> The problem with framing it this way is that it precludes the possibility of assessing the law... Taxation is also about fairness... And while food stamp people are to get cuts these corporations are abiding by the law and that is it.. Simply will not do. Perhaps it would not be unfair of thirdworlders to have higher expectations of or northern brothers and sisters in the advanced democracies on issues like this....

You find me a Pakistani, Indian or other similar corporation that doesn't make as full use of such tricks as their counterparts from the USA .. or fuller in some cases. Things like multiple sets of books, bribery of tax auditors, illicit money transfer through hawala and such.

Or do you really mean to tell me this is all because of those evil first world corporations?

And can we please get back to Internet governance once you are done bashing America and/or google?

--srs (ipad)