[governance] McDowell (USG) Statement

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Sun Dec 16 02:48:27 EST 2012

Typical parminder commentary ha ha ha

--srs (htc one x)

----- Reply message -----
From: "parminder" <parminder at itforchange.net>
To: <governance at lists.igcaucus.org>
Subject: [governance] McDowell (USG) Statement
Date: Sun, Dec 16, 2012 12:23 PM

On Saturday 15 December 2012 08:43 AM, michael gurstein wrote:

> http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Releases/Daily_Business/2012/db1213/DOC-317926A1.pdf

    "Unfortunately, a majority of the International Telecommunication
    Union’s (ITU) Member States, including many countries that
    purportedly support Internet freedom, chose to discard long-standing
    international consensus to keep the Internet insulated from
    intergovernmental regulation. "

Typical US hypocrisy... "long-standing international consensus to keep
the Internet insulated from intergovernmental regulation" HA! HA!  What
about the Internet chapter of ACTA! That is not intergovernmental
regulation, right!!

Ok lets make a deal. Let US agree to keep the Internet out of all
intellectual property regulation, Internet as IP regulation free zone,
and we will agree that we will keep it out of all other regulations,
whatsoever ...

parminder