[governance] Internet humbles UN telecoms agency

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Thu Dec 13 20:08:22 EST 2012

On 12/13/12 4:30 PM, Milton L Mueller wrote:
 >> If the ITU had kept references to the Internet out of the treaty (and
 >> meant it),
 > [Milton L Mueller] Uh, they DID keep references to the internet out
of the treaty. The only references to the internet were stuffed into a
non-binding plenary resolution that did not really give the ITU any
actual governance authority over anything.

Right, I was typing quickly. Let me rephrase to: kept references to the
Internet out of the treaty and accompanying resolutions.

-Declan