[governance] Fwd: [ NNSquad ] New York Post: FTC reportedly will find that Google did not violate antitrust laws

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 20:06:58 EST 2012

> If we all got back to discussing outcomes from this vote that got forced
> at Dubai, and leave google versus various regulators each to their own
> devices?
>
> --srs (iPad)

Some would argue otherwise and say that this is linked to the motivations
behind some of the MNCs position as they lobby and advocate at the WCIT. It
is the responsibility of civil society to explore and tease out some of
these motivations particularly when the interests often masquerade behind
fighting for a free and open internet. Numerous posts on this thread and on
the topic prior to your joining us in the IGC and I invite you to go
through the archives, pour through some of the literature that abounds on
the matter. For the record, this is part of Internet Governance.