[governance] Re: Telecom TV on Google and Taxes

Louis Pouzin (well) pouzin at well.com
Thu Dec 13 08:23:37 EST 2012

When an industry gets subsidies, like Boeing or Airbus, it's fiscally
legal, except that each one, or their govt, may sue the other for unfair
competition, usually in the WTO.

When Google doesn't pay taxes, it's de facto subsidies, and unfair
competition towards any non US business trying to compete with Google. It's
actually double subsidies. Indeed subsidies are usually paid by govt
wanting to help their national industry. In Google's case it's paid by
govts (read taxpayers) in non US countries. Isn't scam ?

Louis
- - -