[governance] Facebook customer outreach on privacy policy backfires

Riaz K Tayob riaz.tayob at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 08:52:45 EST 2012

Ginger

This goes to the heart of the American Dream (not the, work hard, lets
all get rich hype) but that of a governmental experiment of for the
people, by the people... the US founding fathers were rather influenced
by a range of thoughts on governance (Jefferson even had a Quran, along
with Kant type thinking) where the "good" had a much clearer conception
than current (the market is always right)... and one of those key issues
was the enlightened individual... so does web2.0 basically reduce or
increase our ability to make our own choices not subordinated to other
goals/logics...

Riaz