[governance] Facebook customer outreach on privacy policy backfires

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Wed Dec 12 07:11:47 EST 2012

In message
<CA+EjHYrAaqq06+DZpN-sDKo_2yBscx9tPQTXkg0MkXfCpqkZqg at mail.gmail.com>, at
12:46:04 on Wed, 12 Dec 2012, "Louis Pouzin (well)" <pouzin at well.com>
writes
>This FB thread is floating alongside drug addiction, with the usual pro
>& con dialectics. Next step is how to get off FB

It depends a lot on your demographic. Some people don't need it,
others discover it's inextricably woven into their world (for
example Universities that schedule student seminars via FB).

They haven't even thought about it much (the Universities that is).

Even I was guilty of scheduling professional meetings using Google
Calendar, although the obvious drawbacks of having such an account may
well be less than an equivalent FB one.
--
Roland Perry