[governance] Re: US government conversation with civil society

Oksana Prykhodko sana.pryhod at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 04:26:25 EST 2012

Dear all,

Unfortunately, I am not sure that I can join this call (because of problems
with connection). Our iNGO European Media Platform is extremely concerned
with the lack of transparency and accountability of WCIT 12 process and
official position of the Ukrainian delegation. Just few minutes ago I
received official responce from our Telecommunication Administration that
it is too late to discuss all these issues.

In case if Ukrainian delegation will vote for any decision, which will
limited freedom of Internet, we will have to express our distrust for such
decisions.

We had no open discussions within preparatory process, official delegation
does not include or civil society representatives or even ISPs, we have no
idea what Ukrainian delegation does in Dubai just now.

We will do our best to draw attention of the US Embassy, European
Delegation, Council of Europe and OECD offices in Kiev to discuss this
situation and more general issues on Internet Governance and
multistakeholderism.

I am writing just now as the director of iNGO European Media Platform, but
we discussed these issues during our General Assembly (26 November), and
especially with Hanne Severinsen, the President of iNGO European Media
Platform.

Hoping for your understanding and help,
Best regards,
Oksana Prykhodko