[governance] Facebook customer outreach on privacy policy backfires

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 02:18:40 EST 2012

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 2:06 AM, Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro
<salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com> wrote:
Snip>
>> This is why there is need for regulators

Who would be these "regulators" you speak of?

 because even with the freedom to
>> "self-regulate", you will always have those who abuse their "powers". How
>> different is this "abuse" I wonder from an "abuse of public office"? Even if
>> facebook is not traditionally "government" but the fact that it has control
>> and the power to wield its influence arbitrarily which reminds me of what
>> Marilia had raised this year on the list.

What is arbitrary about this, the rules were published in advance?
Are you suggesting that even
though less than 1% of people voted that their choice should stand?
that hardly seems 'democratic" to me.

--
Cheers,

McTim