[governance] Internetistan, or the Bit Boat... a new approach to Internet governance!

Riaz K Tayob riaz.tayob at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 04:35:36 EST 2012

I would be remiss in pointing out that while complex, large corporations
are shaping things in intimate association with their (developed)
country governments... Just because it is complex, does not mean that
threads of "power"/interests are indiscernible...

And about your metaphor on boats. Actually that is what Jack Welch said
about factory production in the US...here
<https://www.commondreams.org/views/051700-108.htm>: "Founded by the
American icon Thomas Edison, GE is now headed by Jack Welch, who has
said, "Ideally you'd have every plant you own on a barge" -- ready to
move if any national government tried to impose restraints on the
factories' operations, or if workers demanded better wages and working
conditions. "

With this kind of cosmopolitanism, you all are in good company even if
just in jest? Perhaps IT IS valed that what is good for Ford/GE is good
for America!.