[governance] Hmmmm... Google: "Internet Freedom!"... (from taxes?

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Thu Dec 6 18:56:36 EST 2012

The Internet is an entirely different entity from a corporation that is selling services to the general public.  As for picking jurisdictions where tax works better for them, even amazon realigned their distribution strategy to avoid too many US state taxes.

Do remember, in the words of former US Supreme Court justice Learned Hand. Tax avoidance is not a crime, tax evasion is.

--srs (iPad)