[governance] More... Google: "Internet Freedom!"... (to do whatever it pleases and serves its business interests?

Louis Pouzin (well) pouzin at well.com
Tue Dec 4 12:39:51 EST 2012

Google corporate interests are so obvious and their propaganda so inflated
that it's likely to burst, and somehow backfire. Nevertheless they will
howl "we saved internet" after the event. Unless they over assessed their
media power, they could have been maneuvered by other lobbies not so eager
to play point man while being involved in secretly negotiated treaties (TPP
etc.).

Google is also entangled in legal cases out of USA: fiscal schemes eluding
taxes, refusal to pay out fines, illegal reproduction of information,
illegal collection of personal data, etc. Looking like the white knight
rescuing internet from the dragon claws could perhaps mitigate their
predicaments.

Louis
- - -