[governance] EU official tells Julian Assange 'just go to Sweden'

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Tue Dec 4 04:46:52 EST 2012

Riaz K Tayob [04/12/12 11:43 +0200]:
>[In some jurisdictions, even a suggestion of considering to consent
>to possible torture (as defined by the UN special rapporteur) would
>be horrifying. Hannah Arendt was right about the banality fo evil,
>right... or is that too Manichean? Malmstrom seems not to be aware
>that after the European Court of Human Rights judges disavowed
>themselves of the role of guardians against torture (American prisons
>are rosy places according to their findings), or maybe she is VERY
>aware... as the poem goes "first they came for..."  ]

Torture? Swedish jails are hotel suites compared to US prisons, and US
prisons are heaven compared to a jail in India, say - which are probably
better than the jails in some other countries.

https://www.google.co.in/search?q=swedish+prisons

I must say that I have stayed at worse places as a student on a budget.