[governance] Marco Civil is not dead!!!

Carlos A. Afonso ca at cafonso.ca
Sun Dec 2 02:02:41 EST 2012

I think the help we expect is basically proactive advocacy in international fora where BR delegates are present.

Globo is the largest media conglomerate in BR and is part of the lobby against Marco Civil as originally proposed - part of the IPR lobby.

--c.a.Lee W McKnight <lmcknigh at syr.edu> escreveu:Carlos,

What kind of help - will help?  International attention and pressure is often counter-productive in Brazilian domestic politics right. Or not in this case?

I can put you in touch with a Globo TV reporter covering Congress in Brasilia...if that could help.

But you must have better Brazilian media contacts than me! : )

Please advise us.

Lee