[governance] Apple Samsung Patent Trial: Closing Arguments Delivered

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 21:31:30 EDT 2012

I would like to get my hands on a copy of both the South Korean Judgment as
well as the American one.  On another note, this morning I was interviewed
by a University of Leeds student who is writing her thesis on the impact of
the internet on access to knowledge from traditional books to e books etc.
She was surprised when I recounted that whilst the Internet was
revolutionising the manner in which people were accessing knowledge through
access to e books that some of the countries in the Pacific like Cook
Islands and Kiribati for instance still have the most expensive internet in
the world. Coupled with things like SPAM which chews on valuable bandwidth
this is a major barrier when it comes to things like basic access, leave
alone trying to download books etc.

She was further surprised when I told her that there were parts of the
Pacific where energy grids were unreliable and that this has an impact on
internet penetration.