[governance] People's Daily of China: US must hand over Internet control to the world

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Tue Aug 21 17:30:40 EDT 2012

David Conrad <drc at virtualized.org> wrote:
> My impression from stuff I've read on the Internet (so it must be
> true! :-)) was that .IQ 2LDs were handed out as favors, not that .IQ
> was a significant money maker.

Considering Iraq's situation at the time, this would IMO have been an
entirely reasonably way to operate the .iq ccTLD at that time: To give
out 2LDs in response to reasonable requests from idividuals and
organizations with some ties to Iraq. IMO this would certainly be more
reasonable from the perspective of the interests of the people of Iraq
than strongly marketing .IQ registrations to people and organizations
that have no particular ties to Iraq.

Greetings,
Norbert