[governance] People's Daily of China: US must hand over Internet control to the world

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Tue Aug 21 13:33:10 EDT 2012

Hi,

Adam is correct.

As mentioned previously, .IQ was dysfunctional and remained so until a redelegation was done in 2005.  The USG did not ask ICANN to "terminate services" to .IQ. The folks who ran the TLD were arrested (in Texas, US I believe) and put into jail for violating US law (not a lawyer and don't know the details so won't argue whether that arrest was appropriate), but this is unrelated to ICANN.

Regards,
-drc