[governance] Julian Assange extradition: Ecuador 'willing to co-operate' with Britain

Deirdre Williams williams.deirdre at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 14:01:02 EDT 2012

In the broadest sense it seems to me that this is "to do with Internet
Governance" because it appears to be about:
1) the intersection of national with international law;
2) jurisdiction over physical space (which is frequently conflated with
virtual space);
3) the power and political manipulation of language - which is the main
medium of internet communication and which seems to be woefully neglected
as a potential "issue". Please note - I did NOT write English language -
just language :-)
On #3 I find that the word "rape", a very powerful word with lots of
additional baggage in English, is being quite shamefully manipulated by all
parties.
Deirdre