[governance] Tangential (On Exceptionalism Wikileaks) America's vassal acts decisively and illegally

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 22:27:56 EDT 2012

If Assange knows what's good for him, he would not be interrogated even in
Scotland Yard because then the the *Treaty of Amsterdam (1997)* would kick
in and he could get arrested by the UK and extradited to Sweden and upon an
extradition/rendition request from the US be sent to the US and possibly
walk the last green mile depending on where he is tried.

This is of interest because Assange and Wikileaks are synonymous with
freedom of information regardless of the source or how the information was
extracted even if it means violating national sovereignty arguments of
"national security". I aem sure that some countries are already classifying
Assange as a terrorist. His character is sort of like the Robin Hood of the
digital age. So is he a terrorist or Robin Hood?

On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 1:44 PM, Norbert Klein <nhklein at gmx.net> wrote:

>  On 8/19/2012 6:26 AM, Ginger Paque wrote:
>
> A very important point is stated at
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11949341
> This would appear to make the extradition unnecessary.
>
> This doesn't mean that the sexual misconduct charges should not be
> investigated (whatever they actually are: I don't know).

> Stockholm District Court approves a request to detain Mr Assange for
> questioning on suspicion of rape, sexual molestation and unlawful coercion.
> Sweden's Director of Prosecution Marianne Ny says he has not been available
> for questioning.
>
> Mr Assange's British lawyer Mark Stephens says his client offered to be
> interviewed at the Swedish embassy in London or Scotland Yard or via video
> link. He accuses Ms Ny of "abusing her powers" in insisting that Mr Assange
> return to Sweden.
>
> As I said before: I think this is extremely important - guilty or not is
> not what I would like to see discussed at present.
>
> I repeat:  "For more than 19 months now, the Swedish government has
> refused to explain why he could not be questioned in the UK."
>

> Norbert Klein
>  nhklein at gmx.net
> http://www.thinking21.org

>      http://www.igcaucus.org/