[governance] new gTLDs

Louis Pouzin (well) pouzin at well.com
Fri Aug 17 15:05:35 EDT 2012

Parminder,

When a problem is stated so that it has no solution, it needs restating.

The ICANN screw up has been obvious for at least a decade. A major
difference with a typical gangster organization is that they don't murder
people. Actually it's more akin to one of those religious sects that
exploit their members, but on a much larger scale.

The domain name monopoly, very well engineered by the ICANN direction, and
protected by the USG, is at the root of a worldwide scam. Without monopoly
there would be no objection for ICANN to rent baby, book, god, hot, or
whatever. The TLD list is no more than a particular Who's Who requiring
name uniqueness. As long as many other Who's Who become available, with
possibly different requirements, people, organizations and governments
could choose using the one(s) containing no undesirable name, or creating
another one of their liking.

Cheers, Louis
- - -