[governance] US opens up access to WCIT documents

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 15:51:49 EDT 2012

Dear All,

The US Position on Cyber can be viewed here:
http://www.state.gov/secretary/rm/2011/05/163523.htm  The US will of course
be guided by their US International Strategy for Cyber Space which can be
viewed here:
http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/rss_viewer/international_strategy_for_cyberspace.pdf

There is an Advisory Committee on International Communications and
Information Policy (ACICIP) that serves in an advisory capacity concerning
major economic, social and legal issues and problems in international
communications and information policy. Their meetings are open to the
public and announced within the Federal Register, see:
http://www.state.gov/e/eb/adcom/acicip/index.htm

The link that Adam sent us makes reference to the International
Telecommunications Advisory Committee on a wide range of telecommunications
issues. Members are Government and Network Operators. They advise the
Department of State on its Treaty positions etc. The three sectors are
modelled around similar groups as those within the ITU. See:
http://www.state.gov/e/eb/adcom/itac/index.htm

I can only assume that the two aforementioned Advisory groups come under
CIP which is the International Communication and Information Policy led by
Ambassador Philip Verveer as they seem to fall within the domain.

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 3:59 AM, Adam Peake <ajp at glocom.ac.jp> wrote:

> Hope the story's correct:
>
> <
> http://fastnetnews.com/policy/177-p/4826-itu-secrecy-disappearing-as-us-itac-open-to-all
> >

> My browser won't cut and paste text from that page.
>
> Adam

>      http://www.igcaucus.org/

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro aka Sala
P.O. Box 17862