[governance] In Interview, Romney Brings Arab Spring Into Presidential Race - NYTimes.com

Fahd A. Batayneh fahd.batayneh at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 13:49:59 EDT 2012

Interesting article. It seems Romney is using a different strategy than
Obama in their race to the White-house.

However, I think the USA have more internal issues to deal with rather than
trying to impress the world with their international policy (ex. financial
recession). I guess the mess they did in Afghanistan and Iraq is more than
enough. In addition, and looking at the business opportunities in the Arab
world (mainly Libya, Egypt, and Qatar), it would be a "Satisfying Israel"
vs. "Multi-billion dollar business in the Arab world".

Since Romney is a business man, I think he should focus more on saving the
US economy rather than providing soft cushion stances towards certain
countries. I admire Obama for bridging the gap with China and improving
their relationship with each other.

Fahd