[governance] India's communications minister - root server misunderstanding (still...)

Hakikur Rahman hakik at hakik.org
Tue Aug 7 12:02:31 EDT 2012

I agree with David. Whatever the reason, majority of the concerned
personalities in these technically lagging countries (my apologies,
for this term, but this is to mention about clarification of minute
technicalities around the root zone, and IANA function, or
optimization of DNS traffic) are in lack of sufficient information. I
remember while conducting a workshop on root server during its
installation in 2004, many of the attendees were not aware of the
functionality though came from technical background. Hope things have
improved by now, but yet to catch up with these minute details. This
discussion is getting interesting.

Thanks for sharing and discussing.

Best regards,
Hakikur