[governance] ITU signs deal to build 180 base stations in Africa to expand broadband access

Fahd A. Batayneh fahd.batayneh at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 16:50:17 EDT 2012

Salanieta, while I would never disagree on your insight, and while I agree
that it is a win-win case for both the ITU and developing/least-developed
countries, I think the ITU should start approaching these countries
differently.

While I also agree that the ITU provides training and consultancy services
based on requests from members, who does that? *Governments*. When
governments start to rely heavily on bodies such as the ITU (but not
limited to), they neglect the learning aspects and just follow blindly.
This is what makes them followers rather than trying to be innovators and
leaders.

Fahd