[governance] GAC Advice Register

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Fri Aug 3 07:01:59 EDT 2012

Hi Imran

I wouldn't go as far as to say the GAC has a veto, but as you well know its influence in the process is certainly increasing and becoming ever more institutionalized.  I was simply pointing out that while enhanced cooperation may not be occurring within the UN, it is empirically demonstrable that it is occurring outside it, so hopefully we can get beyond the silly binary debate.

Bill