[governance] India's communications minister - root server misunderstanding (still...)

Fouad Bajwa fouadbajwa at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 07:53:16 EDT 2012

Alright, so the Indian ICT Minister made a misinformed information blunder
on the root servers and Internet connectivity issue to ascertain his
country's standpoint but how do you help him out?

Maybe our CS and technical community members from India can get in touch
with him or do OpEds in the same newspapers that published the story? I see
we waste a lot of time ranting instead of countering issues or finding
implementable solutions. Why don't our knowledgeable members like Roland,
John and your kindself  write a brief that clarifies how the root server
network works and where are they located and we transmit that through
IT4Change and CIS Center for Internet and society to the Ministry. Be part
of a solution!

Fouad Bajwa