[governance] May consultation: IGC input

Deirdre Williams williams.deirdre at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 07:15:07 EDT 2012

On 29 April 2012 05:47, Adam Peake <ajp at glocom.ac.jp> wrote:

Dear Adam and everyone,

> But for now I suggest we ask that remote access and accessibility of
> the Baku venue be put on the agendas of both the open consultation and
> the MAG meeting.

Accessibility in Baku for everyone is extremely important, not just as a
practical consideration but symbolically for the IGF itself.

Last year in Nairobi the electricity supply (or lack of it) seemed to be
one of the main technical  factors affecting remote access - something
important to remember for this year.

On the human side the remote moderators are an essential link in the chain.
The moderators in the workshops I 'attended' (from Saint Lucia) were a
great help.
However - moderators do need some training in their function and therefore
the earlier they can be recruited the better AND moderation needs to be
extended as much and as quickly as possible into languages other than
English.

Deirdre

> --
“The fundamental cure for poverty is not money but knowledge" Sir William
Arthur Lewis, Nobel Prize Economics, 1979