[governance] New MAG announced

Katitza Rodriguez katitza at eff.org
Fri Apr 27 08:21:58 EDT 2012

If someone play the facilitator role within the MAG civil society, it
might work. But not everyone from civil society should do so. The MAG is
terribly time consuming and if you actually want to influence the
outcome, it will take you a lot of time. Its hard to do both re time
issues. ie review workshops is really time consuming.

In other venues, you always have a facilitator/ a liaison, that make
sure the voice of their members are well covered. I think the IGC
structure is sorta amorphous! Izumi might want know to try to things in
order...

I did have concerns on how to report back. You are in some way under a
Chattam Rules and you also do not want always to disclose your strategy
in advance. We have several gov. and other stakeholder in the group, and
I believe it some comments can harm the effectiveness of the MAG civ.
soc. while negotiating within other MAGs. My two cents.

--
Katitza Rodriguez
International Rights Director
katitza at eff.org
katitza at datos-personales.org (personal email)

Please support EFF - Working to protect your digital rights and freedom of speech since 1990