[governance] Stakeholder Participation in the Enhanced Cooperation Meeting in Geneva

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Wed Apr 18 05:05:34 EDT 2012

Hello,

As you know, there will be an enhanced cooperation consultation on 18 May in Geneva, following the IGF consultations and MAG meeting. http://archive.unctad.org/Templates/Page.asp?intItemID=6227&lang=1

It would be very important that all stakeholders are able to intervene and contribute freely (but strategically) during this consultation, rather than have to sit silently on the sidelines or be relegated to collective brief interventions at the end of each session.  I imagine that ICC (business) and ISOC (TC) will be contacting the CSTD secretariat to make such a request.  On behalf of civil society, the IGC should do the same.

Assuming people agree with the proposition, may I suggest that the co-coordinators take a crack at drafting a one or two paragraph letter to Mongi to this effect?  Probably it would be better to do it sooner than later, as the secretariat would then need to pass the request along to governments etc…

Best,

Bill

William J. Drake
International Fellow & Lecturer